While editing my manuscript, I noticed that I used the word “walk” numerous times. I didn’t want to change what my protagonist was doing because there was a reason why she was walking. So, instead of changing the action, I found other ways of saying, “walk”.
If you have the same problem, here is a list of synonyms for “walk”.
1. Amble: to walk leisurely
2. Bounce: to walk energetically
3. Clump: to walk clumsily
4. Hike: to go on an extended walk for pleasure or exercise
5. Hobble: to walk unsteadily
6. Limp: to walk lamely, favoring one leg
7. March: to walk rhythmically alone or in a group
8. Pace: to walk nervously back and forth
9. Roam: to wander around
10. Stroll: to walk in a leisurely pace
For more synonyms for “walk”, check out the link below: